Sunday, November 28, 2010

Well, I did say "Ask Me Anything!"

From my Formspring inbox:

why does your photography suck so much? Your seamless paper is a fucking joke.

 

Haha!  Well, to answer your question:  I don't know, I'm not Platon?  Without giving reference I have no idea what you're comparing my work to.  I assume that this was supposed to be hurtful, and it might have been if you were able to give some sort of comparison, but it's far too general for me to really take it seriously.  Sucks compared to what?  Compared to Edward Weston's work?  For sure, dude.  I couldn't imagine ever filling those shoes, and I'm not likely to ever do so.  Compared to your Grandma Ellie's photos?  Without a link, I couldn't say.  Maybe she's really talented?  If I were to give you some constructive criticism, it would be that you need to be a bit more thoughtful with your random insults.  

 

I'm pretty positive I know who left this comment though, and so for anyone who thinks "Who would leave a comment like that?  What a fucking douchebag!",  I can assure you that yes, he is.  He's never actually met me nor worked with me, but doesn't have much going on in his life and hates "geeks".  I posted this here because I wanted to be clear with him that his continued harassment of me (and others) over the last few years is really more funny than intimidating.  If he (or anyone else) has any more questions for me, I'd love to hear them!

 

No comments: