Saturday, June 11, 2011

Parseltongue - Preview + Crew Thanks

 

I don't have the words for how in love I am with this set and I can't even begin to give it the time and attention it deserves tonight. Absolutely everything turned out far beyond what I had hoped for. This had almost absolutely nothing to do with me and my planning and everything to do with the amazing team I had for this shoot. So I'm going to do something I don't normally do and give individual props to my fantastic helpers (as well as some images that I hope don't embarrass any of them!)

 

First off is the amazing Carla Haglund who, in addition to modeling and providing the studio space for the shoot, also did all of the styling! The end result was completely brilliant. It constantly astounds me how many arts she shows incredible talent in.

Imk71301

 

Also on hand was her fantastic husband Brian, who acted as both an invaluable assistant on lighting and setup as well as taking a large number of photos that I'm sure we'll see Carla editing up for us all to see soon!

Imk70858

 

This shoot would not have even been possible without the assistance of our snake breeder/wrangler April Homich! This is the first time that I've worked with her, but you can count on the fact that this will not be the last time. She made everyone feel very comfortable and safe around animals that many people would ordinarily be very nervous about holding.

Imk70894

And last, but certainly not least, is my beautiful fianceé Michelle Kurnava who not only conceived the initial shoot concept but provided some brilliant direction to the models, assisted with snake handling and generally made everyone feel fabulous!

Imk71918

 

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to finish editing this set so that I can share the whole thing with the world! :D

No comments: