Thursday, July 26, 2007

Aria Sharp!

DSC_3369 copy

Last night I got the chance to see the band Aria Sharp for the first time. I had gotten a press pass to shoot the show from their lead singer, whom I had met at CONvergence a couple of weekends ago. It was great, and was definitely worth seeing.

From start to finish, they showed a polish, a rehearsed synchronicity that I generally only see in a band that has been together for years and have really worked out all of the kinks in their set. Imagine my surprise when I learned that this was their very first show! Needless to say, I was extremely impressed. Their music was wonderful as well, I would describe it as maybe "Drain STH meets Collide", my companion Joe (who is a bit more cynical about these things) said "I was thinking 'pfft Evanescence', until the guitarist really started hitting some shit.". We were both very impressed.

I hear that they are going to be playing a show on August 22, but I'm not sure where. When I hear where, I'll post it here because their show is worth seeing, honestly. Don't take my word for it though, go over to their Myspace to hear a preview of their album and keep abreast of their schedule. In the meantime, enjoy the photos I took of their very first show.

The full set is here.

DSC_3304 copy

DSC_3245 copy

DSC_3523 copy

DSC_3172 copy

No comments: